Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Redd Planet (feat. Redd Volkaert)

#95 in The Need To Know Badass Blues Instrumentals Series, The Redd Planet, features the Telecaster legend, Mr. Redd Volkaert. I remember when I first starting working in Nashville and I would hear the name Redd Volkaert spoken in reverential tones. The Cats would speak of him as THE Cat. By that time he had already left a trail of dust behind him, joining Merle Haggard's band and moving to Austin TX. I could write a little blurb/bio at this point but Redd is not only a master of the telecaster, he is also an extremely entertaining writer. So, I highly recommend you read his autobiography on his website: https://www.reddvolkaert.com/default.html
I will say, it is an honor and a pleasure to have Redd play on a track, never mind allowing me to run him through my pedalboard ; ) Thank you Redd! 

The backing band on this track is my Bay Area neighbor, Scott Amendola, (Nels Cline, Charlie Hunter) swinging the shit out of the drums and myself on rhythm guitar and bass. Mellifluously mixed and mastered by the infamous F-Bomb.

No comments: